SOUNDDOGS.COM END USER LICENSE FOR SOUND FILES
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY.
BY DOWNLOADING ANY OF THE MUSICAL WORKS ("Music") ON THIS SITE, YOU ("Licensee") HEREBY AGREE TO AND ARE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS END USER AGREEMENT.
1. Licensee, or their customers, shall have a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable right to use the Music only in synchronization or timed-relation with other audio and/or audio-visual productions ("Projects") for broadcast and/or non-broadcast purposes and shall have mechanical reproduction rights only in connection with Projects subject to the following restrictions:
a. The Music may not be transferred, copied, or duplicated by itself, either in whole or in part, other than in timed-relation with the Projects with the exception that Licensee may make one copy for back-up or archive purposes. Further, the Music, apart from the Projects, may not be resold, licensed, leased or in any way distributed to any third party without the express written permission of Sounddogs.com.
b. Licensee shall not have the right alter the fundamental character of the Music, to use the title or subtitle of the Music as the title of a Project, or to add lyrics to the Music without the express written permission of the copyright owner.
c. Release of the Music on any commercially available audio-only product (e.g., compact disc or other phonorecords) shall require prior written approval by the copyright owner.
d. Use of the Music in theatrical motion pictures, television or cable movies, network television programs (specifically including, but not limited to, ABC, CBS, NBC, UPN, Fox, and the WB) or nationally television commercials shall require additional license fee(s) and permission from Sounddogs.com.
2. Licensee is hereby granted the perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to publicly perform, for profit or non-profit, and authorize others to perform the Music in connection with the Projects subject to the following:
a. Projects may be exhibited by means of television by networks, local stations, pay-television systems or closed-circuits having valid performance licenses from the governing applicable performing rights societies in the territory of broadcast (e.g., ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, SOCAN, etc.) or from any other licensor acting for or on behalf of the copyright owner of the Music. This license does not include cellular use.
b. It is understood that clearance by performing rights societies in such portion of the territory as is outside of the U.S. will be in accordance with said performing rights societies' customary practices and the payment of their customary fees. (Note: performing license fees are typically paid by the broadcasters and by the Licensees of the Music. If you have any questions, please contact Sounddogs.com.)
c. Licensee agrees to promptly furnish Sounddogs.com with a complete and accurate music cue sheet for any Project that is broadcast on television or distributed theatrically. Such cue sheet shall correctly identify the copyright owner, publisher, song title, and length of use for all Music licensed from Sounddogs.com.
3. Sounddogs.com represents and warrants that it has the right to license one hundred percent (100%) of the Music throughout the territory and grant all the rights herein granted to Licensee and that this Agreement does not infringe on any the rights of any third parties.
4. The term of this Agreement is for the remainder of the current term of the U.S. Copyright in the Track(s) and all renewal terms thereof.
5. This Agreement does not authorize or permit any use of the Music not expressly set forth herein or to make any other use of the Music not expressly authorized hereunder. Sounddogs.com reserves all rights not expressly granted to Licensee hereunder. All rights granted hereunder are granted to a non-exclusive basis.
6. Sounddogs.com's liability shall in no event exceed the actual license fee paid by Licensee. Sounddogs.com accepts no responsibility for any loss of business or business profits resulting directly or indirectly from the performance of the Music.
7. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the law and judicial decisions of the State of California applicable to agreements to be wholly performed within said State. Should any paragraph or provision hereof, and the remainder of this Agreement shall be effective as if such void, invalid or inoperative paragraph or provision had not been contained therein.
8. This license is binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the respective successors and/or assigns of the parties hereto.
9. IN THE EVENT OF ANY MATERIAL BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY USE OF THE MUSIC BY A THIRD PARTY, ALL RIGHTS GRANTED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL TERMINATE IMMEDIATELY. ANY CONTINUED USE OF THE MUSIC BY LICENSEE SHALL CONSTITUTE AN INTENTIONAL INFRINGEMENT OF THE COPYRIGHTS IN AND TO THE MUSIC. THE COPYRIGHT OWNER(S) OF THE MUSIC HEREBY RESERVES ALL THEIR RIGHTS TO LEGAL AND FINANCIAL REMEDIES AND RELIEF.
If you have any questions please email: Support@sounddogs.com
Sounddogs and SoundStorm are registered trademarks of Sounddogs.com, Inc. in the United States.
Oscar and Academy Awards are registered trademark and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.